CLT Start-up Capacity Buildng Priming Program
Starting a community land trust from scratch can be a daunting process. There is so much to decide on that it can be challenging to figure out how best to move forward.
The Network is pleased to announce the Start-up Capacity Building Priming Program targeted at community groups or new community land trust organizations looking to learn more about CLT model and how it can work in their community. If you would like to participate, we would like to accept you into the program.
The program will include access to:
- Interactive ”Office Hour” sessions with Network staff and current CLT practitioners to problem solve issues or concerns that you are experiencing as your program moves forward;
- A series of webinars about community land trust development and management;
- Technical assistance (by phone and email) from the Network staff.
Participants in the priming program will also be eligible to apply for:
- A two-day in-person training/site-visit from Network staff on CLT and/or business planning related topics;
- A follow-up organizational assessment memo that will summarize the opportunities and challenges associated with launching a CLT in your community; and
- The Start-up Capacity Building Initiative grant program that helps CLTs create a business plan for initial operations (based on funding availability).
The Start-Up Capacity Priming Program is part of a larger Emerging CLT Initiative at the Network which supports community groups, nonprofits and city agencies looking to adopt and implement a community land trust program. Funded through the generous support of the Catholic Campaign for Human Development, the Initiative helps organizations (1) explore the community land trust model, (2) engage the community in a visioning and planning process, (3) create a business plan for implementation and (4) launch operations.
Be 2015-2016 Network member organization (become a member here);Applicants must meet all of the following criteria in order to be in the program:
- Identify as, or be working towards becoming, a community land trust (defined as a nonprofit, community-based organization committed to the stewardship and affordability of land, housing and other buildings used for community benefit in perpetuity)
If you would like to participate, we would like to accept you into the program.
Please fill out this Form to participate
If you have any questions about the Emerging CLT Initiative or the Start-up Capacity Priming Program, please contact Jason Webb at firstname.lastname@example.org.