Emerging CLT Initiative & Capacity Building Program
CLOSED. The Network is pleased to announce the Start-up Capacity Building Program targeted at community groups or new community land trust organizations looking to undertake business planning for initial program development and implementation. Starting in January, 2015, the eight-month business planning program will include:
- Access to an expert consultant to guide the business planning and writing processes;
- A two-day in-person training on CLT and/or business planning related topics;
- A series of educational webinars about community land trust development and management;
- Site-visits and one-on-one technical assistance from the consultant and/or Network staff;
- An experienced CLT practitioner to serve as a mentor;
- A complimentary registration to the 2015 National CLT Conference in Lexington, KY;
- A $10,000 operating grant to support the organization; and
- Possible second year of financial and technical assistance support based on performance and funding availability.
To learn more about the Start-up Capacity Building Program, please read the Networks funding announcement and application instructions. Applications are due by 5PM on Wednesday, November 12th.
The Start-Up Capacity Building Program is part of a larger Emerging CLT Initiative at the Network which supports community groups, nonprofits and city agencies looking to adopt and implement a community land trust program. Funded through the generous support of the Catholic Campaign for Human Development, the Initiative helps organizations (1) explore the community land trust model, (2) engage the community in a visioning and planning process, (3) create a business plan for implementation and (4) launch operations. Over the next year, the Network will produce new tools and resources to help emerging CLTs including:
- A “Start-up Hub” in the Network’s “Tools & Resources” section of the website
- An annotated pathway to walk groups through the start-up process from exploration to implementation
- Expanded training opportunities both online and in-person at the National CLT Conference
If you have any questions about the Emerging CLT Initiative or the Start-up Capacity Building Program, please contact Jason Webb at Jason@cltnetwork.org.