Policy Action Committee Meeting: January 2014
2014 will be a big year for affordable housing policy, from housing finance reform to federal funding. It is critical that our members have a voice. Make your new years resolution to do more advocacy in 2014!
View and listen to a recording of the meeting to learn about key issues in 2014 and:
- Why policymakers need your expertise
- What you can and can’t do as a nonprofit
- The difference between lobbying and advocacy
- Tips and strategies for effective advocacy
You can find the recording here.
- What You Can and Can’t Do in Nonprofit Advocacy (handout)
- Advocacy v. Lobbying (handout)
- Advocacy Tip Sheet (handout)
- Developing an Effective Advocacy Plan (handout)
- Developing Your Advocacy Plan (worksheet)
- Meeting Slides